Red have upped the ante with their improved Kids Pro Robe – the perfect piece of outdoor apparel for everything from school run trips to cold water dips.
Its technical 8k/3k waterproof PFC-free DWR fabric provides the ultimate protection for the great outdoors, with the navy-coloured front-zip robe doubling up as a smart yet robust school coat.
The oh-so-soft black lining offers duvet-like warmth when your youngster is up against the elements in the great outdoors, with cold hands quickly warmed thanks to fleece-lined outer-hand pockets.
Toggles on the hood mean you can tailor the tightness to keep the wind and rain out, great for when your kid is hanging out pitch-side in poor weather or burning energy on a windswept beach.
Its YKK-central zip comes with a Velcro baffle that offers an easy-close solution at times when chilly fingers won’t work, while an inner underwear pocket provides discreet, no-fuss changing.
For parents looking to get value for money, the oversized Kids Pro Robe has a shelf life that will see them through the years thanks to full-length adjustable and elasticated sleeves with Velcro.
And since we are all striving to create a better world for our kids, Red’s Kids Pro Robe boasts plenty of eco creds too with the inner and outer layers being 100% recycled.
- The ultimate changing companion for adventurous kids, Red’s next-level Dry Pro Robe doubles up as a stylish school coat or something to slip on post-swim or sport.
- Nothing beats Red’s synonymously soft fur lining which dries and insulates in equal measure, while fleece-lined pockets providing a cosy shelter for cold hands.
- Crafted so kids can change independently with effortless ease even when up against the elements, the handy internal underwear pocket provides added discretion.
- Made using 100% recycled materials on its inner and outer layers, our Kids Pro Robe also stands the test of time having been designed to grow with your child.
- Its nautical navy outer shell with complementing jet-black lining is a much-loved combo for both boys and girls.
- Unisex sizing based on your children’s height, ideally for ages 4-9 years and 8-13 years.
With kids comes lots of sand, water and dirt, so keeping their robe clean is one of the best ways to preserve its life. To keep your robe in tip-top condition, follow these simple tips:
Try to spot-wash the Kids Dry Pro Robe unless it’s really filthy. As with all DWR-treated fabrics, the more you wash the less treatment the garment is exposed to, so as a general rule try to minimise thorough washes to times when it’s absolutely necessary.
When you do wash your robe, you should do so at no more than 30 degrees C with a slow spin cycle. After the first 4-5 full washes you’ll need to boost the DWR with a special outdoor kit washing liquid (Grainger’s/ Nikwax or similar) at no more than 30 degrees C, again with a slow spin cycle.
Laundry detergent is designed to break down grease and oils, and with the DWR coating looking a lot like grease to detergents, we only recommend doing this every 3 – 6 months depending on how much wear the robe has had.
We suggest washing and drying inside out as the outer layer will dry quickly, whereas the fleece lining will take longer by nature if its thicker fabric. By hanging the robe inside out you’ll also allow any residual water to evaporate faster. If possible, dry it flat in the sun or in winter, hanging the robe in a warm spot will speed up drying.