Packed with a wealth of child-friendly features, Red's Kids Dry Poncho has been cleverly crafted to ensure your little one can enjoy endless hours outdoors.
Perfect for keeping kids cosy whether they’re pitch-side, pool-side or loving life on the beach, the over-the-head poncho makes quick changes a breeze.
The zipped-neck design allows little ones to take their Kids Dry Poncho off independently with ease, as well as being easily adjusted to suit whatever weather they’re faced with.
Its technical 8k/3k waterproof PFC-free DWR fabric provides excellent water run-off to keep kids happy and dry, while the navy sherpa-fleece lining carries all the same qualities of a warm hug.
Cold little fingers are kept well and truly at bay thanks to further fleece lining in its front kangaroo-style handwarmer pocket, perfect for storing snacks or foraged finds.
There’s no need to buy big with the robe featuring elasticated sleeves with Velcro that can be adjusted to grow with them, while its poncho-style provides plenty of room for them to grow.
Plus, score yourself some serious sustainability points by investing in a robe that’s inner and outer lining is 100% recycled yet uncompromising on both construction and quality.
- For fuss-free changes at the beach, pitch or poolside, Red's Kid's Dry Poncho is the perfect piece of apparel for kids who like to be on the go.
- Red’s very-first over-the-head poncho comes with a zipped-neck design which has been engineered with children’s changing needs in mind.
- Wave goodbye to cold-weather whinges thanks to the super soft fur lining which dries and insulates your little one in record time.
- A changing robe staple that truly stands the test of time, our Kid's Dry Poncho features adjustable sleeves that can be lengthened as they grow.
- Wrapping your kid in sustainable fabrics, the inner and outer lining is 100% recycled and boasts the same uncompromising quality of our best-selling EVO robes.
- Unisex sizing based on your child’s height, ideally for ages 4-9 years.
With kids comes lots of sand, water and dirt, so keeping their robe clean is one of the best ways to preserve its life. To keep your robe in tip-top condition, follow these simple tips:
Try to spot-wash the Kids Dry Poncho unless it’s really filthy. As with all DWR-treated fabrics, the more you wash the less treatment the garment is exposed to, so as a general rule try to minimise thorough washes to times when it’s absolutely necessary.
When you do wash your robe, you should do so at no more than 30 degrees C with a slow spin cycle. After the first 4-5 full washes you’ll need to boost the DWR with a special outdoor kit washing liquid (Grainger’s/ Nikwax or similar) at no more than 30 degrees C, again with a slow spin cycle.
Laundry detergent is designed to break down grease and oils, and with the DWR coating looking a lot like grease to detergents, we only recommend doing this every 3 – 6 months depending on how much wear the robe has had.
We suggest washing and drying inside out as the outer layer will dry quickly, whereas the fleece lining will take longer by nature if its thicker fabric. By hanging the robe inside out you’ll also allow any residual water to evaporate faster. If possible, dry it flat in the sun or in winter, hanging the robe in a warm spot will speed up drying.