Are we nearly there yet?.. I want a sweetie ...I’m bored...I need a wee...I’m hungry...I’m thirsty...I feel sick...Are we nearly there yet? But enough about you, what about the kids?
We know that mums all have a magical handbag with Tardis–like qualities. Dads look on in envy, some of them have even started to join in the fun with their very own “man bags”!!!
We’ve been asking round the Little Trekkers office and our savvy Little Trekkers Ambassadors and our Facebook fans to find out their top tips. Follow our checklist so when you’re on days out and holidays with the kids you’ll be prepared for all eventualities (well almost)!!
- Packable waterproofs – always prepared for the British summertime.
- Sun hat – essential protection against harmful UV rays.
- Baby wipes – how did our mum’s survive without these (oh yeah I remember – spitting on a hankie, eeeww)!
- Muslin squares – car travel and babies often don’t mix.
- Sun cream – at the very least SPF 20 and there are some great apply once a day brands available to make life easier.
- Toys and colouring in stuff - to keep them occupied. Our Little Trekkers Ambassador Amy even carries balloons and pieces of Velcro in her handbag for impromptu entertainment.
- Fruit juice and snacks – they’ll always be thirsty or hungry.
- Mini first aid kit - or at the very least a few plasters and a bandage.
- Bottle of water – not necessarily for drinking, Nik our Welsh ambassador always has one on stand by for washing sand off her seaside loving Little Trekker.
- Fleece clothing – layers, layers, layers is the clothing motto at Little Trekkers.
..and of course not forgetting your mobile phone and purse!
If you have any more handbag essentials to add, join the conversation on our facebook page
- Tags: Travelling with Kids