How to Make a Snowman Card
We're walking in the air...It's always great fun to make your own cards and homemade Christmas cards are the best. And you know you can never have enough glitter!
What you will need
- Sheet of A4 white card
- PVA glue
- Coloured paper
- Glitter shapes, stickers, felt and any other crafty stuff you might have to decorate your snowmen
- Felt tip pens or glitter pens to write your Christmas messages
How you do it
Fold the piece of card in half and then draw an outline of a snowman on the front of the card.
Cut around the outline you have made so you have 2 snowmen.
Take one of your snowman shapes and with a ruler make a line going from the bottom of the snowman to half way up his body.
Now take the other snowman shape and draw a line from the top of his head to half way down his little body.
Cut along the line you have made on each of the snowman shapes.
Where you have cut the slits in the snowmen, slide them together to make sure they fit and that your card stands up OK.
Pull the two pieces apart so you can start decorating each snowman.
Now it’s time to get your craft box out. If you don’t have any glittery shapes you can always make your own by the good old fashioned way of covering a piece of card with PVA glue and then throwing loads of glitter onto it. It’s our favourite way and don’t you think the kitchen table always looks better with a glimmer of glitter on it?
Stick your shapes onto your snowman until you're happy with your Christmas card design.
No snowman is complete without a hat so cut out a hat shape from a piece of coloured card or glitter card. If you have some felt just glue this onto some card, leave to dry and then cut out your hat.
Make a small cut in the bottom of the hat shape so you can then slide it on to the top of your snowman’s head.
Write your Christmas message on the card and then slide the 2 pieces together.
Our Useful TipsSome Other Ideas to Try
- You could make other designs such as Christmas trees (using green card), Santa’s head or Christmas bells.
- If you’re really crafty you could give your card decorations the 3D effect or decoupage for those in the know! Use little sticky pads or tiny pieces of sponge dipped in glue to build up your layers of shape decorations.
- Or maybe you could just decorate yourself to become a living, breathing Christmas card!!!!
Let's See Your Snowman Cards
Share your cards with us on our facebook page.Fun Stuff Articles
Have Yourselves a Very Merry Natural Christmas
- Tags: christmas