How to Make a Scaredy Cat
Scaredy cat, scaredy cat, what are they feeding you...Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr...
OK, a mix up of classic sit-com ditties there but these crafty cats will add a touch of fun to any Halloween party.
What You Will Need
- Black paper plate (or painted white ones)
- Stick on eyes
- Pink felt
How You Do It
- Take your paper plate and mark out the different pieces you need as in the picture above
- Cut out the pieces
- Cut a small cut about half way through the middle of the cat’s body, fold one side of the slit over the other and secure with a little tape to make the arched back shape of your cat.
- Tape the ears into position on the head shape. Flip over and glue the googly eyes, sequin nose and small felt triangles in the centre of the ears to create a face
- Finally tape the head and the tail shape into position on the cat’s body and admire your very own Halloween Scaredy Cat!!
- Use pinking shears to cut out your template pieces to create a furry pattern as we have on the cat on the left of the picture above
- Use Pipe cleaners or cut slits into the cheeks of the face piece to create whiskers
- Put a blob of blu-tack onto the back of your cat and use as spooky decorations for Halloween
Let's See Your Scaredy Cats
Share them with us on our facebook page.