How to Make a Camping Night Light
Whether you're decorating for Halloween or want to add a touch of ambience to your tent on your next camping holiday, create your very own night light following our simple instructions.
Let your imagination run riot by creating your own designs for any occasion.
What you will need:
- Large clear empty jar (on old sweet or coffee jar is ideal)
- Tissue paper
- PVA glue
- Marker pens/ felt tip pens
How you do it
- Decide on your theme, we chose woodland, a Halloween pumpkin and also a fantastic fish bowl!
- Slightly dilute a small amount of the glue with a little water so it’s not too thick for when you are ready to glue your tissue paper onto the jar.
- Choose your background colours, we started at the bottom with a sandy soil colour, next we used a pale green for grass and finished with a sky blue at the top of the jar.
- Use the diluted PVA glue to stick the background colours onto the jar.
- Next cut out the shapes you want to use to create your design. We cut out tree trunks, toadstools, long grass, leaves and insects. Position and stick onto the jar then leave to completely dry, about half an hour should do it (depending on how enthusiastically the glue has been used)!!
- Once completely dry you can use the marker pen to pick out the smaller details like spots on insects, leaves and outlines of our trees.
- Finally place your torch inside and pop the lid on.
Our Useful Tips
- You could also use tea lights as an alternative to the torch.
- Use as a decorative light at Halloween
- Light up your garden for those evening nature hunts
How Did You Decorate Your Camping Night Light?
Share your lights with us on our facebook page.