Bird Spotting Chart
You Will Need
- Your eyes
- Your Fun Stuff To Do Outside Journal
- A copy of the attached bird-spotting sheet
- Pens or coloured pencils
- Camera (optional)
Go out to explore what birds you can see in your garden, on a day out or on your holidays. Have a competition with your family and friends to see who can spot the most birds in a day.
- Print out this Print-Off-And-Do sheet
- Head out in the garden and, hiding yourself, see which of the birds on the sheet come to try out your birdcake.
- Note down when they come, what they do in the garden, and what kind of weather it was
- If any birds come flying along that aren't on the sheet, quickly draw what they look like in the blank boxes at the bottom of the sheet
- Great stuff! Now you’ve filled in your chart add it to your nature journal.
Seen even more birds? Wow, you really have been busy. Print off another sheet and start again.
Happy bird spotting!!!!!!!!