How to Win at Conkers
We love a game of conkers at Little Trekkers, Jon and Kylie see themselves as self proclaimed experts! However the tips they have been sharing in the office do leave quite a bit to be desired. Just see for yourselves……
The tried and tested way of improving your chances of winning at conkers is to have a conker that is tougher and harder than your opponents. Conker players over the years have come up with many ways of turbo charging their conkers.
Little Trekkers’ Top Conker Tips
- Soak your conker in vinegar. The idea being that this will make your conker really hard. Does anyone think that this really works???
- Bake your conker in the oven so it hardens but take it out before it starts to go all wrinkly on the outside.
- Paint your conker in clear nail varnish, although seasoned conker players will spot the shine a mile away!
- Our favourite, save your conkers from last year, they should have hardened sufficiently to be unbeatable.
- Aim for your opponent’s knuckles and make them cry! Hmm, thanks for that one Jon!! We do not advocate violence of any kind here at Little Trekkers.
- Make a conker pebble bug – No Kylie, that’s just cheating and down right dangerous.
How About Your Conker Exploits?
Do we have any conker champions out there? How long did you remain unbeaten? Share with us your conkering tales on our facebook page.