10 Cool Things to do Before You Are 10
Over the past year our fantastic Little Trekkers ambassadors have been sharing their adventures all over the UK and beyond. We’ve been having great fun reading their blogs and have come up with our Little Trekkers’ guide of 10 things you must do before you are 10.
Reaching double figures is the one time in your life when you look forward to becoming an age with a 0 on the end.
On turning the momentous age of 10, great things are suddenly expected of you by all the grown ups. Hmmpphh, they can be so unpredictable!! One day you can get away with putting spiders in your granny’s purse or eating jam and worm sandwiches and then the next you have to “act your age”, whatever that means.
So whilst your still little and fearless make sure you have a go at these cool things to do before you’re 10.
- 1. Walk high amongst the tree tops A Ropes Course – Fiona Moore
- 2. Ride in a bucket, yep that’s right a bucket. Not for the faint hearted but as Little Trekkers by there very nature are fearless what better way is there to admire a lake and mountain view. We Travel by Bucket – Amy Bloodworth
- 3. Go crabbing at the British seaside. You’’ll need a smaller bucket for this one. Crabbing at Whitstable – Samantha Leonard
- 4. Surfing comes easy to you when you’re small. Little Trekkers have a better sense of balance than clumsy adults. Perfect this when you’re young and you’re destined to be King of the Waves. Surfing Paradise – Victoria Bond
- 5. Go swimming around the Shetland Islands. Even if the sun is shining you’ll need a wetsuit, but is there a better place in the British Isles for stunning scenery and watching the wildlife? You could even catch a fish for your supper. Warm Sunny Days and Cold Sea – Alex Purbrick
- 6. Get covered head to toe in flour. When you’re small you can get away with this. Once you’re 10 you’ll get into trouble for “making a mess”. So make the most of it!!!! Makin’ a Mess Flour Play – Melanie Evans
- 7. Go back in time and you don’t even need a time machine or TARDIS. Bubblemakers go Back in Time – Gemma Hooper
- 8. Go up the Whangie. Apparently whangie means a thick slice which is exactly what this amazing rock is. Climbing, jumping over streams and if still small enough to be carried around in a baby carrier you’ll have the best views of all, of bonnie Loch Lomond. Up the Whangie – Paul Frodsham
- 9. Kiss a fish…..Well OK maybe a little misleading. There will be some glass between you and the marine wonders, but a day at an aquarium is a magical place. We apparently know more about the moon than we do about the deep blue sea, but a visit to an aquarium is a good place to start. Quebec City Aquarium Fun – Jean Christophe Demers
- 10. Make an Insect House. It gives you the perfect excuse to go in the garden and play with creepy crawlies. Mum and dad will be thrilled that you are showing such an avid interest in nature. They don’t need to know that its all part of your plan to scare your little sister when they’re not looking. Ladybirds Only – Wasps Not Allowed – Helen and Ian
What are your must do things to do before you're 10? Let us know on our facebook page
- Tags: outdoor play